Shag and Rob kick off 2018 looking back some classic Aquaman and Firestorm team-ups with Superman in DC COMICS PRESENTS! First up is The Man of Steel and Aquaman in "Eight Arms of Conquest!" from DCCP #48 by Dan Mishkin, Gary Cohn, Irv Novick, and Frank McLaughlin. Next is Superman and Firestorm (plus Captain Atom) in "Escape from Solitude!" from DCCP #90 by Paul Kupperberg, Denys Cowan, and Dave Hunt!
Join the conversation and find more great content:
- Leave comments on our FIRE & WATER PODCAST website: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/podcast/fire-water-207
- Images from this episode: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/podcast/fire-water-207-gallery
- DC Comics Presents Show Podcast – https://braggaboutcomics.com
- Splitting Atoms Blog (Captain Atom) - https://splittingatomsblog.wordpress.com
- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/aquaman-firestorm-fire-water/id1087336021
- Opening theme, "That Time is Now," by Michael Kohler. Closing music by Daniel Adams and Ashton Burge of The Bad Mamma Jammas! http://www.facebook.com/BadMammaJammas
This episode brought to you by InStockTrades. This week’s selections:
- DC SUPERHEROES MY FIRST DICTIONARY: https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/POCKET-BOOKS/DC-SUPER-HEROES-MY-FIRST-DICTIONARY-HC/APR141553
- ACTION HEROES ARCHIVES VOL. 1: https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/ACTION-HEROES-ARCHIVES-VOL-1-HC/JUN040381
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK:
- Visit the Fire & Water WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com
- Follow Fire & Water on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our Fire & Water FACEBOOK page: https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Thanks for listening! Fan the Flame and Ride the Wave!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
8 responses to “Fire & Water #207 – Aquaman/Firestorm Team-Ups”
The Scully and Mulder hour! Great you guys are back again. Now get to Who’s Who!!
I wasn’t going to be rude, but I will piggy back on someone else’s rudeness (ew, weird mental image).
Ok… So that means Florida got snow this year before Denmark, darn those polar vortices.
Shag is the only comic reader who every was disappointed to NOT find Pariah in a comic.
I have the Aquaman team-up issue, and I always liked that cover. I like white background covers, IF the image is compelling enough to expel any other background details. And a yellow DCCP banner? Weird!
I’ve been enjoying a lot of the Novick/McLaughlin team in the Tales of the Batman by Len Wein hardcover Cindy got me for Christmas. Great stuff!!!
Oh, and when you get around to that last “Whatever Happened to..” story, maybe Cindy and I should do a Starman Chronicles also featuring the Black Pirate. Black Pirate week on F&W! Downloads will go through the roof!
I missed out on the Firestorm/Captain Atom issue, but I knew the good Captain from Modern Comics reprints of the classic Charlton issues I found at a local drugstore. I kind of like his odd silver/blue/red costume. Not as much as the chrome look, but it’s very different.
Dave Hunt on Cowan is like the reverse of putting Bill Sink-o-vitch (I can’t spell that) on Jim Aparo, that DC just wouldn’t stop doing in the early 90s. It’s too great tastes that don’t taste great together. Like spaghetti sauce on ice cream. Blech.
Fun show guys! I hope you made a snow angel Shag! Great Better of Dead zinger Rob!
Sontaran checking out a weird new item
Its the return of Pedantic Man!
Octopodes, or octopuses, is the plural of octopus.
Actually octopuses, octopi, and octopodes are all the plural
Those are two fun sounding stories. Thanks for sharing them, Shag and Rob.
The continuity problem with silver-age Captain Atom is vexing, which indeed makes the story a curiosity. But that’s almost a minor point since every Superman story after Crisis #10 and before Man of Steel #1 is potentially out of continuity. Except for DCCP #96 with Blue Devil. That’s set in stone. What? Terra Man is in it? Uh….
Oh, that Elastic Four issue. Such a hoot.