On this sad and special episode of GIVE ME THOSE STAR WARS, Ryan Daly pays tribute to Carrie Fisher by inviting a dozen guests to share their favorite Princess Leia moments and their thoughts on the iconic actress who passed away on December 27, 2016. Guests on this episode include: Michael Lane, Nathaniel Wayne, Doctor G and DJ Hegemony, Rob Kelly, Cindy and Chris Franklin, Max Romero, FKA Jason, Angela Drew, Paul Hix, and Omar Uddin.
- Michael Lane's Comics in the Golden Age podcast: http://comicsinthegoldenage.com
- Nathaniel Wayne's Council of Geeks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHWINIVcwZFdVXe3U-vSCcA
- Doctor G's Pulp 2 Pixel Podcast: http://pulp2pixel.blogspot.com
- Rob Kelly's Film and Water Podcast: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/show/the-film-and-water-podcast/
- Cindy and Chris Franklin's Super-Mates Podcast: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/show/the-super-mates-podcast/
- Max Romero's blog Eeyow! It's Plastic Man: https://itsplasticman.wordpress.com
- FKA Jason's Silver and Gold Podcast network: https://sngpod.wordpress.com
- Paul Hix's Waiting for Doom podcast: http://waitingfordoom.podbean.com
Let us know what you think! Leave a comment or send an email to: RDalyPodcast@gmail.com.
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK
- Visit our WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/
- Follow us on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our FACEBOOK page: https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Subscribe via iTunes as part of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-fire-and-water-podcast/id463855630
Music: "Star Wars Main Theme" and by The Evil Genius Orchestra (with Ryan and Shag) and "Princess Leia's Theme" by John Williams.
Thanks for listening, and May the Force Be With You!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
13 responses to “Give Me Those Star Wars 17: Charming to the Last”
Fabulous thoughtful and passionate contributions by all of your other contributors Ryan. I hope your voice comes back strong soon.
I’m fighting my way back to peak vocal shape. Crawling from the wreckage of laryngitis, as it were.
What was that? Could you please repeat it, I couldn’t quite make it out.
Nice tribute, thanks for letting me be a part of it.
Very heartfelt and touching guys. Thanks for letting us chime in, Ryan.
I knew at least one of you would say something that would get to me. Two or three did. Chris has it right. Heartfelt and touching, but some nice insights as well.
It was Jay getting all drunk and horny that did it, wasn’t it?
It wasn’t the best contribution, but it was my favourite.
Very nice tribute.
Got to say I’ve always thought the “short for a stormtrooper” line wasn’t sassing the enemy soldier but indicating that Leia knows full well that the Stormtroopers are, if not still clones, recruited to a very strict set of body type standards to maintain the psyops impact of these armies of indistinguishable faceless soldiers and thus already knows that these are not actual stormtroopers but potential allies.
And sort of sassing said allies with the implication that if any of the officers they met had been paying attention they would have noticed the same thing before they got there.
Moving. Well done all.
Lovely episode Ryan. Great guests. Great discussions. Great memories. Thank you for it!
Thank you again for letting me participate Ryan. It was a very nice tribute and I loved hearing everyone’s contributions.
It was good to hear everyone’s thoughts, feelings, and memories of Carrie Fisher. All I can say is that I laughed, cried, and learned a few new things about an incredible individual. Thanks.
On a related note, I was encouraged by the statement from Lucasfilm (http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-new-rumors) that they won’t be trying to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher.