Hyperion to a Satyr - The Fire and Water Podcast Network's Hamlet Podcast - continues Siskoid's scene-by-scene deep dive into Shakespeare's masterwork, discussing the text, but also performance and staging through the lens of several films, television, comics and even a rock opera. In Part 2 of Act I, Scene 2, we look at Hamlet's entrance, stopping just short of Horatio finding him at the end of his first soliloquy.
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK:
- Visit the Fire & Water WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com
- Follow Fire & Water on TWITTER – https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our Fire & Water FACEBOOK page – https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Support The Fire & Water Podcast Network on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fwpodcasts
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Theme: "Fanfare" from 1996 Hamlet, by Patrick Doyle, with clips from that film, starring Ray Fearon; the 1980 Hamlet, starring Derek Jacobi; and the 2009 Hamlet, starring David Tennant.
Bonus clips: Hamlet 1980 by Rodney Bennett, starring Patrick Stewart and Derek Jacobi; Hamlet 1990 by Franco Zeffirelli, starring Glenn Close; Hamlet 1996 by Kenneth Branagh, starring Kenneth Branagh; Hamlet 1948 by Laurence Olivier, starring Basil Sydney; Hamlet 2000 by Michael Almereyda, starring Ethan Hawke; Hamlet 2009 by Gregory Doran, starring Patrick Stewart and David Tennant; In a Bleak Midwinter by Kenneth Branagh, starring John Sessions; and "Le vieux roi est mort" (The Old King Is Dead) by Johnny Hallyday.
Leave a comment, I love to read!