FW Presents kicks off the 4th of July weekend with a brand new showcase of the artistic genius that is Gene Colan. On this episode, Ryan Daly welcomes the shield-slinging Chris Franklin to discuss CAPTAIN AMERICA #256. No, it’s not the first appearance of The Falcon, or an epic battle against fascism, or anything else that would feel topical for this point in American history. It’s Cap in a haunted house, really, but it’s drawn by Gene “The Dean” so it still looks damn good!
Throughout his life, Gene Colan brought his truly unique art style to the pages of Batman, The Tomb of Dracula, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, The Avengers, Howard the Duck, Doctor Strange, The Spectre, and so many others. What issues will Ryan chronicle on this podcast? You’ll have to tune in to find out!
Let us know what you think! Leave a comment or send an email to: RDalyPodcast@gmail.com.
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK.
- Visit our WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/
- Follow us on TWITTER – https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our FACEBOOK page – https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Subscribe to the FW PRESENTS:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fw-presents/id1207382042
- Subscribe via other podcatchers: http://feeds.feedburner.com/fwpresents
- Also available on Stitcher, Spotify and Google Podcasts
Support the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fwpodcasts
Intro: Gene Colan interview from “The Men Without Fear”; “The Vampire Hunters” by Wojciech Kilar.
Additional music: “Captain America” and “Captain America March” by Alan Silvestri.
Thanks for listening!