Coffee break's over and it's time to get to work — The Mirror Factory is back in business! A very special guest joins host Max Romero in this episode: Mrs. Mirror Factory! Max's wife Sandy Salinas joins us to talk about one of her favorite short stories, "The Student," by Anton Chekhov. Together the pair will discuss the author's brief tale of hope, how it can provide inspiration to artists of every stripe, and the warmth that can be found on a chilly Russian evening. Sandy will then share a passage from what Chekhov himself called both his favorite short story, and his "manifesto for optimism."
Subscribe to FW PRESENTS on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fw-presents/id1207382042
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK.
- Intro theme: “My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors,” by Moxy Fruvous
- “The Rite of Spring” (excerpt), composed by Igor Stravinsky, performed by the London Symphony Orchestra (Conductor: Sir Simon Rattle)
- Closing music: "It Was Jesus," by Johnny Cash
Want to be a guest on a future episode? E-MAIL – mirrorfactorypodcast.gmail.com
- Follow The Mirror Factory on TWITTER —https://twitter.com/FactoryMirror
- Visit the Fire & Water WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com
- Follow Fire & Water on TWITTER – https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our Fire & Water FACEBOOK page – https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Support us on PATREON — https://www.patreon.com/fwpodcasts
Leave us a comment, and remember — read a book!