Sharpen your swords and don your capes — it’s time to ride the dusty roads of Los Angeles with El Zorro!
In this first in a series of episodes celebrating Zorro Month on the Fire and Water Podcast Network, Max is joined by special guest Ryan Daly to talk about the original tale written by Johnston McCulley 101 years ago! The enemy of tyranny first appeared in serial form in “The Curse of Capistrano,” which was quickly collected and republished as “The Mark of Zorro.” The book was a sensation, launching a legend that still leaves it’s mark on pop culture today! Max and Ryan discuss the timelessness of the original novel, the lasting appeal of the dashing character, and why Zorro could be even more relevant today than when he debuted more than a century ago.
Then, Ryan will read a passage from “The Mark of Zorro” featuring Zorro’s thrilling call to arms and the formation of … a League of Avengers?
Subscribe to FW PRESENTS
- Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fw-presents/id1207382042
- Subscribe via other podcatchers: http://feeds.feedburner.com/fwpresents
- Also available on Stitcher, Spotify and Google Podcasts
- Intro theme: “My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors,” by Moxy Fruvous
- Clip from “To Tell the Truth,” originally aired on Sept. 2, 1958, CBS
- Original music from “The Mark of Zorro,” composed for the silent film by Mortimer Wilson
- Closing music: “Zorro’s Ascent,” by Alice Cooper
Want to be a guest on a future episode? E-MAIL – mirrorfactorypodcast.gmail.com
- Follow The Mirror Factory on TWITTER —https://twitter.com/FactoryMirror
- Visit the Fire & Water WEBSITE: http://fireandwaterpodcast.com
- Follow Fire & Water on TWITTER – https://twitter.com/FWPodcasts
- Like our Fire & Water FACEBOOK page – https://www.facebook.com/FWPodcastNetwork
- Use our HASHTAG online: #FWPodcasts
Support us on PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/fwpodcasts
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK.
Leave us a comment, and remember — read a book!