It's Midnight... the Oiling Hour! Okay, that makes no sense, but whatever, this episode of Fire and Water Records reunites the fan-favorite podcasting team of Ryan Daly and Paul Hix. Feckless politicians and greedy corporations beware! The fellas discuss the Australian rock band Midnight Oil, which Ryan had never heard until last year, and share some of their favorite songs on topics ranging from the plight of native Aboriginal people in Australia to the suffering of other native Aboriginal people in Australia. Also, f*** Rupert Murdoch!
- “Don't Wanna Be the One” from PLACE WITHOUT A POSTCARD
- “Beds Are Burning” from DIESEL AND DUST
- “Short Memory” from 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
- “Forgotten Years” from BLUE SKY MINE
- “Stand In Line” from HEAD INJURIES
- “Read About It” from 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
- “Truganini” from EARTH AND SUN AND MOON
- “River Runs Red” from BLUE SKY MINE
- “Blue Sky Mine” from BLUE SKY MINE
- “Gadigal Land” from THE MAKARRATA PROJECT
- “Who Can Stand In the Way” from RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET
Let us know what you think! Leave a comment or send an email to: RDalyPodcast@gmail.com.
Like the FIRE AND WATER RECORDS Facebook page at:
This podcast is a proud member of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK.
Subscribe to FIRE AND WATER RECORDS on iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fire-and-water-records/id1458818655
Or subscribe via iTunes as part of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-fire-and-water-podcast/id463855630
Support FIRE AND WATER RECORDS and the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fwpodcasts
Thanks for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download